The Willows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Slater's Coffee Cream Hazelnut Trifle.

2 posters

Go down

Nigel Slater's Coffee Cream Hazelnut Trifle. Empty Nigel Slater's Coffee Cream Hazelnut Trifle.

Post by OurKate Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:10 pm

I made this today.
It's very easy, but there are quite a few stages to it.

125 g packet of skinned hazelnuts ( my pack was 100g)
125 g icing sugar

Sponge layer:
350 g plain sponge cake ( this seemed far too much so I used 1 pk trifle sponges)
150 mls hot espresso coffee
150mls Baileys.

Cream layer:
150mls double cream
250g marscopone
30g icing sugar
50mls Baileys.

Oven at 200 degrees. Put nuts on a baking sheet on baking paper and bake 10 mins.
Put in pan and scatter sugar over. On low heat on hob, do not stir, but just watch the sugar melt and become pale gold.Gently move nuts to check sugar. When sugar is a deep gold, stir and tip onto an oiled tray. Leave to cool. ( It will become pretty solid! I thought I'd done something wrong!
Break sponges into small pieces and put in trifle bowl. Pour over coffee and Baileys and leave 30 mins.
Make coffee cream:
Whip cream Until just keeps it's shape. Stir in marscopone; don't over mix. Stir in icing sugar and Baileys.
Blitz nut mixture in a food processor until it resembles course gravel and add half to cream mix. Keep the other half of nuts.
Spread cream over sponges. Chill overnight. Just before serving, scatter rest of nut mix over the top.
OurKate
OurKate

Back to top Go down

Nigel Slater's Coffee Cream Hazelnut Trifle. Empty Re: Nigel Slater's Coffee Cream Hazelnut Trifle.

Post by GILL3SQ Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:48 pm

This sounds delicious Kate, I may give it a go. Only perhaps half the recipe as others don’t like coffee!
GILL3SQ
GILL3SQ

Back to top Go down

Nigel Slater's Coffee Cream Hazelnut Trifle. Empty Re: Nigel Slater's Coffee Cream Hazelnut Trifle.

Post by OurKate Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:49 pm

I'd forgotten about this GIll!
I think I only made it the once, but I shall make it again now!
OurKate
OurKate

Back to top Go down

Post by GILL3SQ Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:35 pm

I was searching for the Baileys  trifle recipe. I couldn’t find it. I thought perhaps individual portions of this NS recipe would be good. I did find a trifle recipe where they used chocolate brownie rather than sponge, sounded divine but probably too calorific.
Would you mind posting the Baileys one again when you have a moment?
Thank you x
GILL3SQ
GILL3SQ

Back to top Go down

Post by OurKate Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:37 am

Of course. I'll put it in the kitchen now.
OurKate
OurKate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down