The Willows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two very easy starters, just for RedRose!

5 posters

Go down

Two very easy starters, just for RedRose! Empty Two very easy starters, just for RedRose!

Post by OurKate Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Pear, Stilton and walnuts.

Put some rocket on the plates. Tinned pear halves ( 2 per person) on top, and then crumble stilton cheese on top, and scatter walnut pieces on top.....easy as!
---------------------------------------------------------

Mackerel pate

A pack of about 4 cooked smoked mackerel fillets.
About 2/3 of a pack of Philly cheese.
Juice of 1/2 lemon.

Skin the mackerel and put in food processor, along with the cheese and lemon juice and whizz!
Makes 4 portions. Put in ramekin dishes and chill. Serve with a twist of lemon on top, with melba toasts and sliced cucumber.
------------------------------------------------------------------

These are easy ones!
OurKate
OurKate

Back to top Go down

Two very easy starters, just for RedRose! Empty Re: Two very easy starters, just for RedRose!

Post by Febru@ry Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:30 pm

I know these are only for RR, but I like the sound of the pear and stilton one, so I'm going to make it. So there!!!
Febru@ry
Febru@ry

Back to top Go down

Two very easy starters, just for RedRose! Empty Re: Two very easy starters, just for RedRose!

Post by Mayday Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:44 pm

I was going to suggest the mackerel pate one too. It really is easy. My variation though is to use half fat creme fraiche instead of the Philly cheese....makes it a little more soft and creamy. I serve it with brown toast (cut daintily).
Mayday
Mayday

Back to top Go down

Post by Splashy Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Im another who makes the mackerel pate ... so simple if you have food processor and i often get asked for the recipe...xxx
Splashy
Splashy

Back to top Go down

Post by OurKate Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Febru@ry wrote:I know these are only for RR, but I like the sound of the pear and stilton one, so I'm going to make it.  So there!!!

Sorry! I'd come across the recipe but using fresh pears and I couldn't be bothered and then we went to someone's house where they served it with tinned pears...so much easier and fine so long as you don't buy pears in syrup!

Mayday,
I find the pate is soft anyway, with the Philly, but the Crème Fraiche is a good alternative.
OurKate
OurKate

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRose Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks for these, Kate. Mr RR is famous for his mackerel pate but he tends to only make it for New Year, so I'll have to get him on 'starter duties'. I really like the the pear recipe and will use it the next time we entertain - using tinned pears is an excellent idea.
RedRose
RedRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down