The Willows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Cross Bun bread and butter pudding !

3 posters

Go down

Hot Cross Bun bread and butter pudding ! Empty Hot Cross Bun bread and butter pudding !

Post by Splashy Sun 5 Apr 2015 - 9:28

ngredients

300ml pot double cream
600ml milk
4 eggs
100g golden caster sugar
1½ tsp vanilla essence
8 hot cross buns
40g soft butter
100g marzipan, cubed
3 tbsp chunky marmalade
icing sugar, for dusting
Compare prices

Method

Heat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Warm the cream and milk in a pan over a gentle heat. Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together with a fork in a large bowl, then gradually add the warm cream mixture.
Halve the buns and spread with the butter. Arrange in a large shallow ovenproof dish (approx 25 x 32cm), dot with the marzipan and brush the marmalade on top.
Pour over the cream mixture and set aside to soak for 15 mins. Press the buns down into the custard mixture as they soften.
Bake for 50 mins until set, then remove and allow to stand for 10 mins. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve while still warm.
Splashy
Splashy

Back to top Go down

Hot Cross Bun bread and butter pudding ! Empty Re: Hot Cross Bun bread and butter pudding !

Post by Eggy Sun 5 Apr 2015 - 16:36

OOh yummy Splashy. Im going to make that minus the marzipan, which I don't like. But will have to buy more HCBs first!
Eggy
Eggy

Back to top Go down

Hot Cross Bun bread and butter pudding ! Empty Re: Hot Cross Bun bread and butter pudding !

Post by Splashy Sun 5 Apr 2015 - 16:42

I made it to day Eggy but used half the ingredients as I only had four buns...the family said it was delicious ...I left out the marzipan ...because my step daughter doesnt like it ...they had it with cream xxx
Splashy
Splashy

Back to top Go down

Post by OurKate Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 13:46

Made this today.

I think next time I would only use 4 hot cross buns and cut them into quarters, so there would be more custard as that was lovely, but, although I used 6 buns rather than 8 it was a bit too bun heavy.
OurKate
OurKate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down