The Willows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Kate

4 posters

Go down

For Kate Empty For Kate

Post by MAZL Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Parmesan shortbread

4 and a half oz plain flour, 2oz fresh parmesan grated, 2 oz cheddar cheese grated, 3 and a half oz butter cut into pieces, salt, pepper, cayenne to season.
Sift flour into a food processor add cheese, butter and seasoning. Pulse to form a fine crumb then continue to whizz until you form a dough. Roll into a ball, wrap in cling film, rest for a couple of hours. Then roll out to about a quarter inch thick, cut with a cutter. Bake on baking sheet for 10-12 mins until golden brown. Gas4/180c.
Top with creamed goats cheese or whatever you fancy.
MAZL
MAZL

Back to top Go down

For Kate Empty Re: For Kate

Post by Sunbeam Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Yum sounds lovely MAZL,
Sunbeam
Sunbeam

Back to top Go down

Post by MAZL Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Stilton and Walnut Crunchies

225g plain flour
115g butter cut into small pieces
75g Stilton cheese
25g grated parmesan
85g walnut pieces
2 egg yolks
Beaten egg to glaze and coarse sea salt and extra parmesan to sprinkle.

Put flour and butter in processor and whizz to fine crumb. Add stilton, parmesan and 50g of the walnuts, whizz again then add egg yolks and continue whizzing to form a paste. Remove from processor and rest for 30 mins. Roll out to approx 5mm thickness and using cutter shape biscuits. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with parmesan, sea salt and a few crushed walnuts. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden. Cool on wire rack. They will keep for a few days in an airtight container or freeze the uncooked mixture. It will also keep in the fridge for a couple of days ready to bake when needed.
MAZL
MAZL

Back to top Go down

Post by MAZL Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Parmesan crisps.

Grate fresh parmesan. Put teaspoonfuls on lined baking sheet well apart. Cook till golden (you need to keep and eye on them), take out when golden. Leave to cool slightly then when cool enough, remove to a cooling rack until cold. They will keep for a day but go soggy quickly. Very nice with chilled prosecco!
MAZL
MAZL

Back to top Go down

Post by OurKate Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you so much!!!!
I shall be trying all of that...apart from the goats cheese.....can't stand the smell, let alone the taste!
OurKate
OurKate

Back to top Go down

Post by Febru@ry Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:35 pm

I'll have a go at them, too - and I LOVE goats cheese!
Febru@ry
Febru@ry

Back to top Go down

Post by MAZL Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:20 pm

OurKate wrote:Thank you so much!!!!
I shall be trying all of that...apart from the goats cheese.....can't stand the smell, let alone the taste!

You can use cream cheese or chutney on the top, Kate. If you try the goat's cheese and it is too hard try making it creamy with a little milk or cream. Not too much or it will be too runny. I sometimes use Roquefort for a salty topping on the parmesan shortbread. Enjoy.
MAZL
MAZL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum